Choosing the best prescription lenses for you
Sometimes it can be more difficult to choose lenses than frames. In the process of determining lenses, its good to discuss your lifestyle, activities, your use of various technology-based devices, hobbies and occupation with our in-house professionals to find the right pair(s). Moreover, measurements are crucial to benefit from the most technologically advanced lenses available today. Our licensed opticians will make sure to take all the proper meaurements which is the key difference from on-line shopping.
Single Vision Lenses
Single Vision lenses correct a common visual problem over a single distance such as farsightedness (hyperopia), nearsightedness (myopia) and astigmatism.
Single vision lenses starting at $40:
- Single vision lenses with standard scratch-resistant coating starting at $40; with a superior anti-glare coating: $120.
- Custom-made, single vision lenses with standard scratch-resistant coating starting at $70; with a superior anti-glare coating $150.
- Single vision high-definition (HD) lenses with standard scratch-resistant coating starting at $100; with a superior anti-glare coating $180.
- Anti-fatigue lenses with standard scratch-resistant coating starting at $160; with a superior anti-glare coating $240.
Bifocals correct presbyopia by providing a correction for distance vision on the top portion of the lenses and correction for reading on the bottom portion of the lenses.
- Bifocal lenses with standard scratch-resistant coating starting at: $70; with a superior anti-glare coating: $150.
Progressive lenses primarily correct presbyopia, which is characterized by correction over two distances; far and near. Progressive lenses also offer a progression between these two corrections normally known as the “intermediary” or “mid” distance. Optical Warehouse offers a wide range of high-quality progressive lenses that are state-of-the-art.
Progressive lenses starting at $140:
- Freeform High Definition (HD) progressive lenses with standard scratch-resistant coating starting at: $140; with a superior anti-glare coating: $220
- Optimized HD progressive lenses with standard scratch-resistant coating starting at: $230; with a superior anti-glare coating: $310.
- Freeform Individualized HD progressive lenses with standard scratch-resistant coating starting at: $280; with a superior anti-glare coating: $360.
- Technologically advanced MaxiWide progressive lenses with advanced ultra clear Maxiivue II™ anti-glare coating starting at: $430.
- Computer/Office progressive lenses with standard scratch-resistant coating starting at: $160; with a superior anti-glare coating: $240.
Come and meet one of our licensed opticians to learn more about our custom progressive lenses and coatings!
Optical Warehouse is proud to offer two high quality coatings; superior anti-glare and exclusive Maxiivue II™ ultra clear anti-glare.
The Maxiivue II™ coating lasts longer, is super hydrophobic and oleophobic (water and oil repellent, smudge-resistant), has an antistatic element, and is 99.7% clear. It is so clear, you might think you don’t have any lenses in your frame and others will also see your eyes much better through the ultra clear lenses. You will have better vision with a greater reduction in glare, particularly great when driving at night. In addition to being more aesthetically pleasing, the coating is easier to maintain and perfect for everyday use.
- Superior anti-glare coating: $80 (1-year manufacturer’s warranty).
Provides excellent basic protection against glare/reflections by improving the clarity of the lenses and is easy to clean.
- Exclusive MaxivueII™ anti-glare coating: $100 (2-year manufacturer’s warranty).
Offers super oleophobic, hydrophobic and antistatic protection that keeps lenses cleaner longer and facilitates regular cleaning.
- Scratch-resistant/hard coat comes standard on all lenses (3-month manufacturer’s warranty).
Scratch resistant coating (also sometimes known as a “hard coat”) is a hard coating over the soft plastic substrait of lenses making them more robust and scratch-resistant, thereby ensuring protection against normal use of your eyeglasses.
6 Benefits of Anti-glare Coatings
- Improve visibility (people see your eyes better and you see out better);
- Reduce glare, especially in night driving;
- Improve clarity;
- Improve viewing of personal tech devices, phones and TV;
- Make eyewear more aesthetically pleasing;
- Facilitate cleaning, especially smudges and water droplets.
Blue Light Filter
Blue light filtering lenses protect against harmful blue rays from screens. This artificial light is a cause of eye fatigue and may be the cause of some degenerative eye diseases. Blue light can be a major contributor to sleep disorders. A filter increases your quality of life, especially if you work on a computer or spend a lot of time in front screens.
Sun Lenses (and UV Protection)
Protecting your eyes has never been more enjoyable! In all seasons, your eyes need to be protected from the sun's rays that are not only a strain but also harmful. Our tinted, Polarized, and Transitions® lenses fully protect your eyes from ultraviolet (UV) light.
Tinted: A tinted lens protects against the glare of the sun, allowing you to enjoy your outdoor activities. Different tints/shades allow you to obtain sunglasses adapted to your lifestyle. For example, brown tinted lenses improve contrast and are recommended for outdoor sports such as golfing. Grey tints don’t change natural colours and are therefore recommended for viewing nature or hiking.
- Full Tint $40
- Gradient Tint $60
Polarized: Polarized lenses are superior to tinted lenses because they reduce the reflection of the sun’s rays on surfaces such as snow and water. These lenses are well-suited for fishing and other water sports, and are ideal for daytime driving to reduce glare.
- Grey $100
- Brown $100
Transitions®: Transitions® are lenses that transition from light to dark and back again depending on the intensity of sunlight (UV rays). The more intense the sunlight, such as when going outdoors, the darker the lenses will become. The less sunlight there is available, such as when going indoors, the clearer the lenses will become. These lenses adapt to changes in light automatically as opposed to having to switch between different pairs of glasses indoors and outdoors.
- Grey or Brown $100
- Graphite Green $140
Mirror Tints: Mirror-tinted lenses provide similar protection to regular Tinted lenses but have a reflective mirror finish for added fashion and style.
- Mirror Tints starting at $100
If you need CSA approved safety eyeglasses for your workplace, going to the Optical Warehouse is making the right choice. We have a wide selection of frames and lenses that meet Canadian and international safety standards, depending on your company’s requirements. See in store for details.
- Industrial Polycarbonate Lenses
Sports Frames & Lenses
Find your ideal sports frames and lenses at the Optical Warehouse without compromising on the quality of your vision! Select from an exclusive range of lenses that are even available for curved sports frames and goggles, providing state-of-the-art viewing in all fields of vision.
- Sport Lenses starting at $160
Driving lenses are equipped with a special anti-glare coating that helps reduce the glare of artificial light during night driving. We are sure you will agree; Better night vision equals safer driving!
- NightVision Anti-Glare Coating