All In-Store Services Available by Appointment.
Optical Warehouse is happy to serve you by appointment.
We have put all the necessary safety measures in place to ensure a safe shopping environment for both our customers and our employees. These new procedures are following provincial guidelines and instructions from our professional order in order to limit the risk of spread of COVID-19.
In order to respect social distancing rules, the following changes have been made:
- Reduced number of employees in store. (Quebec stores only)
- Limited number of customers allowed to enter and be in the store at the same time.
- Specific time slots and durations for appointments to eliminate wait times between customers.
- Appointments recommended for in-store services.
On this page:
Call the store:
If you choose to come in person to book an appointment, please note that customers that have an appointment will be served before the staff can help you with your booking.
Types of services you need an appointment for
- To pick up your glasses
- To purchase a new pair of glasses
- For an adjustment or repair to your glasses
- For a contact lens renewal order (also possible to order by phone - contact lenses not available in Halifax)
- Fit your mask well to cover your nose and mouth.
- Ring the doorbell and an employee will come greet you.
- You will be asked to sanitize your hands at our hand sanitizing station.
- Before coming to your appointment, make sure your situation applies to one of the following:
- You have your valid prescription on hand for a new purchase
- We have your valid prescription on file
- Your purchase does not require a valid prescription. (For example, to purchase a pair of non-prescription sunglasses.)
- Please note that customers allowed to enter the store will be prioritized based on appointments.
- You will need to answer questions on a COVID-19 questionnaire pertaining to your health and travel.
- You will need to maintain the required 2 metres social distancing at all times between employees and other customers.
- You will be accompanied by an employee at all times throughout the frame selection process.
- You will need to wear a mask.
- Only one person will be allowed to enter the store unless that person is a child or someone requiring assistance. (Quebec stores only)
- You must have your valid prescription on hand or we must have it on file.
Picking Up Your Eyeglasses
- Only the person picking up their glasses will be allowed to enter the store unless that person is a child or someone requiring assistance.
- Frequent disinfection of all high-touch surfaces such as counters, displays, payment terminals, and other similar surfaces.
- All equipment is disinfected after each use.
- Gloves, tissues, and disinfecting wipes are available for you to use.
- Our employees will be wearing a mask while serving you.
We are committed to providing a safe and comfortable shopping experience from start to finish. Our Smart Mirror technology allows our opticians to take the necessary measurements for your lenses while maintaining 2 metres social distancing.
Our employees are instructed to follow strict hygiene protocols as established by the Public Health Agency of Canada as well as our professional order.